Violet Blue's Total Flirt iPhone app
“Okay” and “fine” are four-letter words–ban them from your relationship
Download the mp3 directly
Introduction and host chat
Under 18? Stop listening now and visit http://www.scarleteen.com
1:40 App review: Violet Blue’s Total Flirt
Review of Violet Blue’s fun new wingman iPhone app, Total Flirt.
2:50 Book review: Open All the Way
Open All the Way by Sexy Sadie
Kurt provides his review of Sadie Smythe’s book, Open All the Way, on her and her husband’s experiences with opening up the marriage, both in theory and in practice. They deal with jealousy, breakups and NRE and share the value and benefits of multiple loves. Kurt also shares their musings on the pervasive power of monogamy.
7:15 Topic: “Okay” is a four-letter word
And our topic today is a rebroadcast from July 2008 and relevant for everyone whether you’re poly, monogamous, curious or confused. Get ready for a vintage rants!
- “OK” “fine” are both evil because it doesn’t provide information; instead it begs many questions.
- If you are asking a new person out and you have a current partner, you will need to expect them to meet.
- How tough it is for secondaries ending up mixing it up with somebody or both people from a couple and the challenges that go with that
- Your new relationships need some TLC as well.
- Some advice for the metamour. Don’t use the word “OK.” Say something like “I really enjoy watching Steve doing X” as one example. In conclusion, don’t use “OK”!
- Tina calls in to share thoughts that poly is reaching critical mass and easier to find; on having difficulty finding the POV of young poly folks (versus older and settling down); and on STI information and episodes
- 28:15 Josh calls in about bisexuality—what do you think?
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 206-202-POLY. Friend us on Twitter or Facebook, leave a comment here or discuss your own topics at the forums. Check out PolyWeekly podcasts at polyweekly.libsyn.com. Share this with a friend or write an iTunes review! Want Poly Weekly for your very own? Get the Best of Poly Weekly collection from PodDisc.com Our intro and outro music is courtesy of Pacemaker Jane, “Good Suspicions.”
Originally published at Polyamory Weekly. Please leave any comments there.